The EVP Marketing Director provides client and brand team leadership, develops senior level client relationships and is regarded by the client as a trusted advisor and business partner. S/he demonstrates visible leadership behaviors that will propel Arnold forward. S/he is a driver of client satisfaction, revenue growth, and business profitability for his/her assigned accounts. S/he will determine the best way to deliver a difficult message to both the brand/project team and the client effectively. Knows when to escalate issues. S/he has an entrepreneurial spirit and identifies opportunities within the client. S/he is a strong strategist and storyteller. S/he identifies the approach and strategic direction for his/her programs with the input of internal stakeholders and then sells it to the client.
- Achieves expert knowledge in a client’s business with a broader view of the industry and competition
- Understands challenges and partners with the client to apply our solutions to their problems, feeding the process to deliver great work
- Creates opportunities for deeper collaboration and interaction and reinforces the client’s status as an innovative participant in the creation of game-changing solutions
- Builds and champions integration of the business
- Contributes to industry thought leadership by driving innovation and the delivery of forward thinking solutions
- Creates opportunities to share knowledge and learning of emerging marketing trends
- Proactively identifies and pursues opportunities on behalf of the client that go beyond the obvious or accepted solutions
- Is viewed by others as an inspirational and thought provoking leader. Routinely observes and evaluates quality of work being developed and leaving the agency
- Develops and sustains strong relationships with senior level clients and other stakeholders with in client organization
- Serves as internal champion for client initiatives while developing a healthy give/take relationship between client and agency based on mutual trust and respect
- Effectively leads working client meetings and presentations to senior level clients
- Uses skill in questioning, interviewing and strategic planning to define the client(s) business needs and sell recommend solutions
- Successfully builds a collaborative and inspiring work environment
- Actively works to build relationships across Arnold teams to develop cohesive innovative solutions
- Oversees team delivery of projects/initiatives that are on time and on budget
- Proactively manage client expectations by communicating project and profit risks to team and client
- Oversees management of specific project as assigned
- Manages cross-functional team by establishing direction and providing information required for successful delivery
- Understands intra-agency processes to efficiently execute work.
- Develops sell-through presentations to internal and client stakeholders
- Takes a lead role in developing client presentations and other important communication in a clear, compelling and persuasive way
- Runs effective working client, cross-disciplinary meetings with mid-senior level clients
- Communicates key information about Arnold and other Havas agencies as appropriate in client meetings
- Links communication to audience’s concerns and perspectives
- Moves audience to desired action through clear and persuasive delivery of information
Makes Self and Team Better
- Driver of a team culture that fosters a good-to-great mentality and creates the best conditions for success across the entire team.
- Sets personal development goals and engages in learning opportunities to achieve them
- Participates and volunteers to lead knowledge-building and knowledge sharing activities
- Trains, develops and coaches direct reports to continuously add value to clients and Arnold
- Provides both informal on-going performance feedback and conducts formal progress reviews for all staff managed
- Provides career path guidance and supports staff career decisions/continued learning
- Works with under-performing staff to positively alter and improve performance
- Advocates for staff needs to Arnold leadership and recognizes high performing staff
- Provides constructive feedback to brand team members
Makes Agency Better
- Has a point of view on industry structure, trends, initiatives, and issues
- Has a point of view on best practices and solutions across functions
- Supports Agency Marketing team with case studies of client work, results, etc.
- Demonstrates the capability to develop innovative short and long term strategic marketing plans and program models
- Authors POVs and participates in public speaking opportunities (i.e. universities, conferences, etc.)
- Takes an active role in building a positive agency culture
- Supports new business development activities
- Leads development annual scope of work and corresponding fee negotiations
- Responsible for communicating budgets and forecasts to client and agency
- Partners with Account Operations to insure project scope, metrics, and delivery are aligned to deliver on-time, on strategy, and on-budget solutions
- Identifies organic revenue growth opportunities for Arnold that drives business success for the client. Sells into client organization
- Achieves year-over-year growth by identifying and pursuing organic growth opportunities
- Demonstrates smart margin management, analyze financial issues and take action to fix them
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 15+ Years experience working on large, integrated accounts. Must have significant category experience in telecommunications or a similarly complex industry, targeted to both b2b and b2c.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled and Vet.
Know somebody that would be great for this job? Email it to a friend.