The Business Affairs Manager in our Creative Service department will oversee all digital, broadcast, print and industrial projects on designated client businesses.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced creative environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract negotiations, Rights and clearances, Strong Talent background and familiarity with all aspects of SAG/AFTRA, ACTRA and AFM Unions.
- Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on any talent, copyright and intellectual property issues
- Work with Counsel on advisement of any copyright and intellectual property issues, contract templates, risk assessment and indemnifications
- Review vendor agreements to ensure they meet compliance standards
- Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, etc.
- Work with Production teams to evaluate production and contract concerns
- Approve award documents, insurance, licensing and talent agreements and purchase orders
- Work through any network clearance issues
- Negotiate and generate all Music Licenses
- Negotiate all Celebrity and over-scale deals and oversee creation of contracts
- Work with Producers and Marketing Teams regarding all talent sessions, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs.
- Advise Marketing Teams on any updated union rules, regulations
- Manage union claims, audits or reporting requirements
- Manage any Foreign Talent requests, agreements
- Actualize Production jobs with Producers
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 2 + years relevant industry experience -Agency experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience working with Talent Agents
- Strong working knowledge of Talent Union contracts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a Team
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
4 year degree required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled and Vet.
Know somebody that would be great for this job? Email it to a friend.