ROLE IN DEPARTMENT
Serves as Amgen strategic lead for its migraine drug Erenumab, ultimately assuring business building strategies that deliver business building creative solutions to grow the agency’s reputation in this space. Has the ability to foster strong relationships with senior level marketing clients. Works closely and collaboratively with account, media, digital and creative teams to develop holistic solutions, and forges strong partnership with HCP teams at DDB Health. Thinks pro-actively about business and creative opportunities beyond current projects. Helps foster team collaboration to find integrated solutions that help efficiently and effectively achieve the business objective. Acts as a catalyst in seeking out new ways for brands to add value to their users’ lives and in identifying future opportunities. Has overall responsibility for understanding business, competitive and patient issues, identifying unique insights, writing briefs/conducting briefing, developing comms plans, and mentoring and training a junior strategist.
70% of a full time role. Expertise in and passion for both consumer and physician-targeted pharma marketing, with a working knowledge of the medical insurance/payer arena.
- Lead the Amgen team in identifying and refining insight-driven solutions – courageous thinking is demanded! Challenge all current ideas and historical category perspectives among both Agency and Client constituents; leave no stone unturned in seeking the right direction.
- Responsible for creating a work process and environment that will encourage unified strategic thinking across all customer targets (consumer, HCP, payer) and discourage a siloed approach.
- Inspire and provide strategic guidance for a cross-functional strategy team e.g. often working with other partner agencies: SMEs from analytics, social strategy, digital strategy, content strategy, and user experience strategy.
- A linchpin of the agency Healthcare team, working closely with account management and creative leads to foster a positive, forward-looking partnership with key senior clients
- Strategic lead in new business opportunities as time and resources allow.
- Takes responsibility for ongoing strategic and creative effectiveness
- Co-ordinates with HCP strategic direction to develop holistic/seamless experiences
- Co-ordinates the input from a team of SME strategists
- Develops senior client relationships and is their day-to-day strategic partner
- Is seen as one of the senior member of the strategy practice, inputting in the development of new thinking, approaches through proven results
- Manages strategic planning component of new business pitches assigned to
- Mentors/advises direct reports (one junior planner)
- Contributes to agency IP through articles, presentations and speeches
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience
- Mix of pharma and non pharma experience
- Integrated experience essential: above the line and digital inc. comms planning
- BA preferred or equivalent experience required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled and Vet.
Know somebody that would be great for this job? Email it to a friend.